With an expanding range of gas detection equipment and a growing global market, this North West based design and manufacturing company is looking to expand its team of certification engineers. The team is responsible for submitting certification projects to relevant test labs and approval authorities across the world, progressing the certification projects to completion and for the on-going compliance of manufactured products with certification standards. With recent adoption of the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) approach to product design, development and manufacturing, the team is also responsible for company wide adoption and compliance with SIL.
Joining the certification team is a great opportunity for an experienced Electronic Engineering or Physics Graduate with strong communication skills and a high attention to detail. The role will involve working alongside other team members and mix certification project work with technical standard compliance checking. The role requires frequent communication both with internal engineering resources and with external organisations including certification test labs and approval organisations. All equipment is designed for use in hazardous areas in Mining, Tunnelling, Oil and Gas applications. The role requires strong science and engineering skills and understanding and the ability to apply these to a field with exacting requirements.
MAIN DUTIES – CERTIFICATION ENGINEER
Reporting to the Certification Manager, You will manage your own individual approvals projects from project scope through to completion. You will prepare and check technical documentation prior to submission. You will be communicating with approval bodies across the world as well as responding to customer request for certification documentation. You will also perform integrity checking of design and production documentation to ensure on-going compliance of certified products.
- Managing approval projects
- Technical documentation preparation
- External technical communication
- Validation and checking of production information
- Administration of compliance documentation
- Contributing to SIL compliance activities
- Interfacing with Quality and Production department.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – CERTIFICATION ENGINEER
With a degree in Physics or Electronic engineering you will have developed strong communication abilities with the ability to communicate and respond to complex technical and non-technical subject matter. You will have strong attention to detail with the ability and focus to ensure that technical projects are planned and executed accurately and in a timely manner. You are proactive and comfortable working on your own and able to work as part of a team.
Essential background and experience
– A degree in Physics or Electronic Engineering
– Communication skills and experience working at all levels with both internal and external contacts
– Demonstrable ability and experience of communicating detailed technical information
– Written communication experience including collation, presentation, reporting and analysis
– Hands on industrial experience working with equipment, design, certification and documentation.
Desirable background and experience:
– Experience working with certified products for hazardous areas / intrinsically safe applications
– Understanding of the product development and certification processes required for safety critical equipment
Looking for an interesting and challenging job that offers a lot of opportunity. You are happy to throw yourself at new challenges and want to work in an organisation that believes in the pursuit of best practice. If this is you, please complete the on line application process: