This North West based manufacturing company designs and manufactures its own range of industrial gas detection, control systems and components for the Oil & Gas, Mining and Tunnelling sectors. The company is very profitable and have had consistent year on year growth over recent years through its own manufacturing, sales and distribution channels.
With rapid growth in sales and the on-going expansion of their product range worldwide, the company is expanding its production engineering capability. The company is seeking to appoint an experienced Electronics Manufacturing Engineer to provide technical liaison support for the production team. The successful candidate will be proactive and have the opportunity to develop the production engineering support activity in ways that helps to improve productivity and product quality.
A superb role for an experienced Manufacturing / Production Electronics Engineer with strong communication skills. The role involves first hand, practical electronic engineering, fault-finding mixed with analysis, production process improvement and new product introductions in a short run, batch manufacturing environment.
MAIN DUTIES – ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING SUPPORT ENGINEER
– Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be enhancing the capability in fault diagnosis and root cause analysis
– Analyse production quality issues and work with the production team to identify solutions that improve product quality and manufacturability.
– Interface with the product development team to investigate product quality issues to identify and implement process improvements and design changes as appropriate
– Assist with effective collection and analysis of production quality data for identification of improvements
– Support the introduction of new products into production
– Supporting production and production test teams when problems are incurred
– Diagnosis of faulty products leading to root cause and corrective action.
– Introduction of production process improvements
– Technical liaison between product design department and production teams.
– Production quality data analysis and reporting
– Technical support for new product introduction into manufacturing
– Product audits to verify build compliance against quality and accreditation standards
– Root cause and corrective action analysis and reporting for customer returns
KEY EXPERIENCE – ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING SUPPORT ENGINEER
– Strong communicator, both on the shop floor when interacting with production staff and when interacting with design engineers on product manufacturing issue
– Extensive Electronic fault- finding and diagnostics in an electronics-manufacturing environment.
– Conversant with electronic circuit diagrams, test equipment and test methodology ideally including ATE.
– An appreciation of the practical challenges and solutions in electronics manufacturing from design through to build and quality testing of products.
– Most critically you will appreciate the importance and benefits of operating within a structured quality assured manufacturing process.
– The ability to create clear and succinct written follow up communicating actions and progress
– You will be comfortable working with production data including collection analysis and reporting.
ESSENTIAL KEY SKILLS
– Significant first-hand ability in fault-finding and analysis in electronic production
– Communication skills and teamwork experience in a production and engineering environment.
– Qualified to minimum HND level in electronic engineering or related discipline.
– Demonstrable written and verbal communication experience including data reporting and analysis.
– Experience working within manufacturing quality systems for manufacturing certified products.
– Experience and understanding of lean manufacturing and production improvement techniques.