Our safeguarding interviewing specialist offer bespoke training for safeguarding in recruitment. The course is designed for people who are responsible for recruiting of staff and volunteers who work with children and vulnerable adults.
Successful completion of this course will move you and your organisation towards compliance with safeguarding standards for children and vulnerable adults.
Behavioural Interviewing for Safeguarding Techniques
Behavioural Interviewing or Personal Interviewing (PI) is a technique developed to help organisations that work with children to recruit the most suitable people to deliver this work.
It assesses the values, motives and attitudes of those who apply for jobs in organisations which work with and for children and vulnerable adults. PIs don’t replace the need for a technical panel interview but explore why the applicant wants to work with children or vulnerable adults.
The Aims of the Safeguarding in Recruitment Training Course:
– To demonstrate how Personal Interviewing can improve the quality of recruitment decision-making about the suitability of individuals seeking work with children or vulnerable adults.
– To demonstrate and practice the skills required for conducting Personal Interviews.
Learning Objectives for Safeguarding Recruitment Training
– Use a range of questioning and probing techniques to explore a candidate’s answers in-depth’
– Analyse evidence of candidates’ values and behaviours against a value-based criteria’
– Make an informed decision on a candidate’s suitability to work with children’
The course is held over one day and we can offer this course in-house to organisations and as an external course to individuals. At the end of the course you will understand the need for compliance with safeguarding standards for children and vulnerable adults.
If you would like to learn more about our bespoke training course for safeguarding in recruitment. Please contact our Safeguarding in Recruitment Specialist: