Reporting directly to the Managing Director the Business Development Manager will pro-actively drive new business generation. The role will also be involved in business development and client retention activities for VMware cloud and dedicated server hosting services within existing accounts.
Having concluded the development and successful launch of their VMware cloud based server-hosting solutions, services are now fully operational and have an established user base. The company is now looking for a dedicated business development manager to drive sales growth.
Located in a major Science Park with offices and technical infrastructure closely located, the company offers a readily accessible cloud-hosting alternative for organisations looking for high availability, managed server capacities backed by 1st class customer service and technical support.
MAIN OBJECTIVES – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Lead generation and new business generation for VMware cloud and dedicated server hosting services. Developing the sales team to increase sales capacity and business growth. Optimising the lead to sales process to increase the rate of growth. Manage sales activities with new and existing clients including client retention, upselling and cross selling of the VMware platform to ensure long-term business growth
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
– Lead Generation: Develop and implement marketing plans, utilising appropriate resources as required
– Sales Conversion: Manage business leads from initial contact through to recurring income stream
– Client Relationship Management: On-going client relationship development to cross sell services
– Sales Team Development: Develop the sales team and process to increase sales capacity and growth
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
– Demonstrable track record of successful business development in an environment that involves concept selling of new technology solutions and recurring revenue streams.
– Broad understanding of IT and ICT infrastructure and services and experience of selling IT or Technology solutions
– IT/ICT skill level sufficient to explain and position cloud based solutions against traditional in-house or co-located server solutions.
– Ability to communicate effectively with business managers as well as IT managers
– Personal approach and style to suit long-term recurring business relationships and to match a quality service and support organisation with a service led approach.
This role will suit a person with a proactive approach and a strong drive. Being focused and results oriented is essential and will be rewarded. You will be an effective communicator on the phone, via email and in person. You are a relationship builder and maintainer of long-term relationships.
You are comfortable working towards and delivering results independently and you have the ability and desire to develop and lead a successful sales team.
If this is you, please complete our application questionnaire: