This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished business development manager with a background in technical or manufacturing services. The role is an opportunity to develop existing and new clients in a niche business to grow a diversified customer base in a specialist market. The new role will initially focus on business development and client relationship management.
Alongside its Contract Design & Development sister organisation, the UK North West based company offer a high quality Contract Electronics Manufacturing (CEM) service in a niche segment requiring certification and compliance with strict quality and accreditation standards. Profitable with established resources and committed to extending capacity, the company is looking to develop additional business that takes advantage of the company’s unique profile and market position.
It is envisaged that the role will develop into the role of Managing Director for the CEM business to encompass overall management responsibility for the business including strategy, people management and development of resources, equipment and capacity.
MAIN OBJECTIVES – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reporting to the Managing Director, the primary objective is development of additional business from new and existing customers. The role is expected to be the commercial driver and kingpin for commercial development, with the full support of an established technical and operational team. The initial objectives include: Proactive business development, identifying and winning additional business for contracts electronics manufacturing (CEM) operation. Prospecting, client relationship building, account management and client retention to stimulate profitable growth and diversity in the CEM customer base. Long Term, organisational, strategic and tactical leadership as the future MD for the CEM business
– Marketing and Lead Generation – Develop the market position and increase lead generation in niche markets
– New Business Development – Increase new business generation in areas of core competence
– Customer Relationship Management – Increase business from existing clients
– Commercial Management – Manage and develop core profitability through analytical and proactive management of pricing and cost structure
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
– Lead Generation – Develop and implement marketing plans, utilising appropriate resources as required
– Sales Management – Manage business leads from initial contact through to on-going business
– Client Relationship Management – New prospects and on-going client relationship development
– Commercial Management – Report on, manage and develop core profitability
– Strategic Management – Participate in and ultimately lead strategic planning and resource development
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The role is suited for a proactive business development manager with an excellent track record of developing long term client relationships. Pragmatic and results orientated, with a focus on bottom line results. The ideal candidate is a team player with the ability to command the respect of others, technically adept and able to know when to ask for help. Required experience include:
– Demonstrable track record of proactive business development within a technical business segment
– Demonstrated ability to win and retain long-term high quality client relationships with recurring business
– Understanding of key business drivers including margin and profit and how to measure and manage these
– Experience managing and developing teams to deliver commercial and operational results
– Participation in strategic planning and implementation of strategies for business growth
This role requires a proactive and entrepreneurial outlook. It is an opportunity for a relationship builder and maintainer of long-term relationships looking to join a successful organisation and grow with it. If this is you, we would like to hear from you.