Established care home group has a vacancy for a General Manager MD designate. Having delivered care services for over 20 years throughout a number of care homes based in the North West. The organisation is ready to expand its portfolio of homes through acquisition over the next 12 months and beyond.
The organisation is seeking someone exceptional to manage the day-to-day operation of the current portfolio with the opportunity for the right candidate to take over from the Managing Director.
VACANCY GENERAL MANAGER CARE HOME GROUP
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will look after the day-to-day operational focus for the care homes – whilst contributing to the organisations strategic direction and ensure compliance with legislatory requirements for the organisation going forward.
There are established managers within the organisation at each care home location, and the focus will be to work with the managers to continue to deliver a high standard of service. In addition to managing the current portfolio, with the acquisition of further homes, the General Manager is also responsible for rolling out standardised working practices across the group.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES – GENERAL MANAGER
– Overseeing Staff Management: Direct staff management, staffing levels, service standards, policies and procedures
– Legislation: Understand and implement all legal & legislatory requirements that are applied to this sector of care
– Client Service & Care Management: Work with the care home managers to deliver a high level of service
– Commercial Management: Report on, manage the estates financial control and develop the organisations profitability
– Strategic Management: Ultimately lead strategic planning and resource decision-making
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – GENERAL MANAGER
The role is ideally suited to a proactive General Manager, Managing Director or Operations Manager with a strong track record of developing and managing multiple care home locations. Pragmatic and results orientated, with a focus on bottom line results. The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to command the respect of others in a management and leadership capacity. The candidate will be legally adept, and able to understand the complexities of running a 24/7 service organisation.
– Demonstrable track record of day-to-day organisational management within the healthcare service sector or similar business area
– In depth experience of ensuring legislative and legal compliance in the care home sector
– Understanding of key business estate operations including margin and profit and how to measure and manage these
– Experience of managing and developing teams to deliver high levels of service and care
– Strategic planning and implementation experience including business growth through acquisition
– Experience of organisational, strategic and tactical leadership as is required for the role of an MD.
The organisation is looking for someone with a proactive and entrepreneurial outlook. In addition to functional competence, the position requires a strong personality to match a highly professional care home organisation working to the highest care and service standards.
It is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to join a successful organisation and help it to grow. If this is you, please apply: