This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished Operations Manager or General Manager with a background in batch manufacturing of formulated products. The role is an opportunity to develop the operational capabilities and team within a niche formulator and manufacturer of specialist adhesive and non adhesive coatings.
The North West based formulation and manufacturing company offers a high quality mixing, blending and compounding service in its niche sector. The company operates to strict quality assurance standards, supplying a turn key subcontract manufacturing service.
The company also manufacturers and markets its own niche coating products into several end user applications. Profitable, with established resources and with an enviable track record of growth, the company is committed to on-going investment to improve efficiency and extend capacity.
VACANCY GENERAL MANAGER – ADHESIVES AND COATINGS FORMULATOR AND MANUFACTURER
It is envisaged that this role will develop to encompass overall management responsibility for the business including sales, people management and development of resources, equipment and capacity.
MAIN OBJECTIVES – GENERAL MANAGER MD DESIGNATE
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will manage day-to day-business performance including quality and delivery performance, financial performance and manage / develop the operations team. The role will be the driver and kingpin for enhancing the capability as a value added manufacturing partner.
LEAN MANUFACTURING AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT FOCUS
Specifically implementing lean and continuous improvement programmes to drive its turnkey supplier capabilities. Long term the role is envisaged to include development of existing and new customer relationships and ensuring the company’s capabilities continue to match customer and market needs
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES – GENERAL MANAGER
- Operational Management: Day-to-day quality, delivery and financial performance, managing the operations team
- Financial Management: Monitoring, analysing and managing Gross Margin, Cash Flow, and Costs
- Organisational Development: Leading and developing the operations team through continuous improvement initiatives
- Business Development: Developing manufacturing and fulfilment resources and capabilities in line with business needs
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – GENERAL MANAGER, GM
The role is suited for a proactive General manager (GM) or Operations Manager with a strong track record of delivering operational and bottom line results together with continuous improvement. The ideal candidate is a team player with the ability to command the respect of others, technically adept and able to know when to ask for help. Patient and persistent with extensive experience of developing operational teams and manufacturing resources:
- Demonstrable track record of operational management in batch manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams through lean and continuous improvement programmes
- A keen sense for managing financial drivers including gross margin and profitability and how to drive these
- Experience in developing and improving manufacturing resources including plant, equipment and processes
- Experience participating in strategic planning and implementation of strategies for business growth
This role requires a proactive and analytical approach delivered with a combination of patience and persistence. Someone looking to join a successful manufacturing organisation and grow with it. If this is you, we would like to hear from you.