This North West based design and manufacturing company has assembled a high quality management team, and is aiming to double turnover over the coming 3 years. The company is looking for an exceptional Certification and Approvals Manager with commercial acumen and a business focused approach to lead the strategically important certification programme.
The company offer a range of hazardous area handheld and fixed installation gas detection and sensing devices together with intelligent control equipment. You’ll be responsible for delivering certification and approvals across the product range working with relevant test labs and approval authorities across the world.
MAIN DUTIES – HEAD OF CERTIFICATION AND APPROVALS (GAS DETECTION EQUIPMENT)
First and foremost the role is about creating and driving a strategic programme of approvals in support of the company strategy, and developing high level relationships both internally and externally to ensure delivery of this strategic programme. Approvals are essential to developing sales and the role will work closely with sales and marketing to ensure approvals activities are aligned with sales strategy and market expansion plans. Responsibilities include management of internal certification engineers and working closely with external certification partners across the world.
– Approval and certification planning, prioritisation, and managing certification resources
– Certification partner selection and liaison, scope of work, terms and nurturing on-going relationships
– Certification project planning and execution – managing individual key projects through to completion
– Internal communication with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and Technical Support
– External communication with certification partners, tests labs, approval bodies and distribution partners
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – HEAD OF CERTIFICATION AND APPROVALS (GAS DETECTION EQUIPMENT)
The role requires an outstanding communicator and an exceptional project manager. You’ll be well organised, proactive and self-motivated with a systematic approach. You’ll have commercial acumen and a proactive, entrepreneurial outlook to secure approvals in a timely and cost effective manner.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED INCLUDE:
– A degree in a technical subject such as Physics or Electronic Engineering, Ideally Electrical / Electronics BSc
– Substantial project management experience working on technical projects subject to approvals and certification
– Demonstrated experience of delivering complex projects working with internal and external partners
– Understanding of the product development and certification processes required for safety critical equipment
– Ideally knowledge and experience of instrumentation, sensing, gas detection or safety / process control
– Ideally experience working with certified products for hazardous areas / intrinsically safe applications
This role requires exceptional communication experience and capability together with a pragmatic and realistic approach to project management. Looking for an interesting and challenging job that offers a lot of opportunity. You are happy to throw yourself at new challenges and want to work in an organisation that believes in the pursuit of best practice. If this is you, please complete the on line application process: