This North West based manufacturing company designs and manufactures its own range of industrial gas detection, control systems and components for the Oil & Gas, Mining and Tunnelling sectors. Profitable and well funded, the company is a leader in its niche. A winner of the UK SME Manufacturing Company of the Year award, the company is a recognised leader in hazardous area and environmental gas detection.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with electronic product manufacturing and production leadership experience. The role will lead the production of a range of hazardous area hand held and fixed installation gas detection and sensing devices and control equipment. The ideal candidate will have lean manufacturing experience as a first hand practitioner and project leader.
In addition the candidate will have excellent people management and motivational skills and relish the opportunity to lead and develop the production and supply chain team. The role offers an opportunity for an organized and focused individual to lead the day-to-day execution of production requirements while developing a high performance lean manufacturing environment.
MAIN OBJECTIVES – PRODUCTION MANAGER – ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT
To manage the company’s production organisation, including:
– Growing skills, and capabilities amongst individuals and teams in the production and supply chain organisation
– Continual improvement and development of production systems, processes and procedures
– Contribute through personal and professional leadership to create a high performance lean manufacturing organisation
– Play a key role in the management of new product introductions
– Ensuring that the company’s production requirements are being delivered
– Developing a culture of engagement and high team performance.
– Line management and development of 25+ manufacturing and supply chain related staff
– Developing direct reports including cell leaders, stores, purchasing, production control and lean/facilities support
KEY EXPERIENCE – PRODUCTION MANAGER – ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
– Strong communicator, both on the shop floor when interacting with production staff and when interacting with design engineers on product manufacturing issue
– Extensive Electronic fault- finding and diagnostics in an electronics-manufacturing environment.
– Conversant with electronic circuit diagrams, test equipment and test methodology ideally including ATE.
– An appreciation of the practical challenges and solutions in electronics manufacturing from design through to build and quality testing of products.
– Most critically you will appreciate the importance and benefits of operating within a structured quality assured manufacturing process.
– The ability to create clear and succinct written follow up communicating actions and progress
– You will be comfortable working with production data including collection analysis and reporting.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The role is ideally suited to a well-organised, proactive and self-motivated manufacturing professional with a systematic approach and strong leadership and motivational skills.
– Educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in electronic engineering or similar subject
– Technically confident with experience of managing assembly processes for electronic equipment
– Understanding and first hand experience of lean manufacturing and lean improvement techniques
– IT literate with experience of using and improving production planning and execution systems
– Experience and ability to work under pressure with production targets in a customer focused environment
– Knowledge of ERP systems, Six-sigma would be an advantage
This is a role for an excellent communicator who would relish the opportunity to lead and motivate a team. It also requires a proactive and customer focused outlook from a manufacturing professional seeking to contribute in a high performance manufacturing environment. If this is you, we would like to hear from you.