This role is an exciting opportunity to work on a wide range of product development projects from inception to completion. Working as part of a multidisciplinary product development team this role will suit an experienced electronic hardware design engineer. You will be part of a team developing a range of networked and portable devices integrating sensor technology with intrinsically safe power supply systems and embedded micro-controller hardware and software.
The role will focus on electronic hardware design and development. Products are intrinsically safe gas sensing devices and associated networking, control and power supplies designed to work in hazardous industrial environments.
The company is a world leader in its field and works to high standards when designing and manufacturing products that are certified to operate in challenging environments.. A winner of the UK SME Manufacturing Company of the Year award, the company is a recognised leader in hazardous area and environmental gas detection.
The Product Development Team is responsible for development of safety critical intelligent sensors and hazardous area products for the mining, tunnelling, oil and gas sectors. Products are used in safety critical monitoring applications and operate within a wider network of SCADA measurement and control systems.
MAIN DUTIES – SENIOR ELECTRONICS ENGINEER
Reporting to the Technical Director, the main responsibility is electronic hardware development for new products with primary focus on sensing, data conversion and power supplies. Working from initial product concept, through design, prototyping and testing. Working within a multidisciplinary project team participating in cross-functional testing and reviews as part of the product design and validation process.
– Electronics design including analogue, digital and embedded systems
– Hardware design and development from component to system level
– Preparation of technical documentation including design, build and test specifications
– Design verification, functional testing and supporting independent certification testing
– Providing support to manufacturing, certification and other departments
As a electronics engineer there will be opportunity to contribute on design and development methodology, test methodology and to strengthen and enhance the overall capability of the product development team.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – SENIOR ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER
The main requirement is several years experience developing electronic hardware for embedded measurement / control systems. Candidates will have the experience and ability to work from product concept through, development and test to product completion as part a multidisciplinary product development team. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with intrinsically safe systems.
Other desirable experience include:
– Educated to degree level, ideally in electronics engineering or related subject
– Experience designing hardware for measurement and data acquisition
– Experience designing hardware for intrinsically safe systems including intrinsically safe power supplies
– Experience embedding micro controllers such as the ARM family of processors
– Experience working with PIC processors
– Experience working on safety critical systems and to SIL protocols
If you have the relevant background and experience and you are looking to work as part of a small team in a fast growing and dynamic organisation who is a world leader in its field, then please apply.