This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and inquisitive software developer to work a across a broad range of technologies and platforms from embedded firmware for data acquisition through to PC and web based applications for data sharing and remote control. The vacancy software and systems developer is to join a small team, offering plenty of opportunity for learning and skill development across the field of embedded software and application development and beyond.
The current platform includes embedded firmware written in assembler and C, RF data transmission and data collection together with PC applications written in C#. Future extensions and product enhancements include web based and possibly mobile device applications to extend communication and connectivity options for the core applications.
ESTABLISHED COMPANY POISED FOR GROWTH
The company has a well-established market position in several niche areas. The application areas are distinct, while the core technology platform is shared across the applications. The company has a robust business model that includes hardware sales both to end users and system integrators. With above 20% growth rates year on year and an exciting product roadmap, the company is poised for on-going growth.
MAIN DUTIES – SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS DEVELOPER
Reporting to the Technical Director, the role includes participating in planning and implementing software development projects across the product and application range. With versatile system architecture, the successful candidate will be working on systems design, core software development, feature extensions, functional and application testing. There is an opportunity to work independently to specify, develop and deliver projects. There is also opportunity to work directly with clients in the field to gather application requirements and feedback from users.
Key activities include:
– Software and system design and development
– Software development including specification, development and test
– Application requirements and user feedback gathering
– Software validation testing including peer to peer testing and user testing
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – VACANCY SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS DEVELOPER
Several years experience in software development, ideally including embedded firmware development in C and Assembler. A thorough understanding of system design and implementation including communication protocols for data gathering and remote device control. Ideally experience with RF communication and working with low powered devices. Other desirable experience includes:
– Educated to HNC or degree level, in software, electronics engineering or similar subject
– Experience of embedded processor software development on a variety of embedded processors
– Experience working with communication protocols, including serial communications or RF protocols
– Experience with PC based application development and web application development
– Interest in and experience of user interface design and development including web and mobile apps
If you have the relevant background and experience and you are looking to work as part of a small team and grow with a fast growing and dynamic organisation then we would like to hear from you: