This role is an exciting opportunity to work on a wide range of product development projects from inception to completion. Working as part of a multidisciplinary product development team this role will suit an experienced C / C++ Embedded Software Developer. You will be part of a team developing a range of networked and portable devices integrating sensor technology with embedded micro-controller hardware and software.
The role will focus on Embedded C and C++ programming, designing software for new products, developing software test routines to perform safety critical checking of software code, and contribute towards integration testing of the final products.
The company is a world leader in its field and works to high standards when designing and manufacturing products that are certified to operate in challenging environments. A recipient of the SME Manufacturing Company of the Year award, the company is a recognised leader in hazardous area and environmental gas detection. A world leader in its niche, the company’s product range comprises a mix of gas sensing, signal conditioning, signal processing and communications capabilities.
The Product Development Team is responsible for development of safety critical intelligent sensors and hazardous area products for the mining, tunnelling, oil and gas sectors. Products are used in safety critical monitoring applications and operate within a wider network of SCADA measurement and control systems.
MAIN DUTIES – EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER C and C++
Reporting to the Technical Director, You will be developing embedded software for new products:
– Working from initial product concept, through prototyping, software programming and testing.
– Work as part of a team, who uses peer review and peer-to-peer testing as part of the design and validation process.
– Contribute on design and development methodology, test methodology and help strengthen the overall capability of the team.
– Working alongside electronics design engineers, product designers and project managers as part of a multidisciplinary team
Specific responsibilities will include software design and development, design of software test routines, design verification, functional testing and performing peer code reviews.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER C and C++
You will have several years experience developing software for embedded systems using C and C++. Experience working with serial communications protocols is helpful. The experience and ability to work from product concept through, development and test to product completion as part a multidisciplinary product development team is essential. Other desirable experience includes:
– Educated to degree level, ideally in software or electronics engineering
– Experience working with the ARM family of processors
– Experience working with PIC processors
– Experience working with RS-485 Modbus systems
– Experience with H8 Processors, I2C, Eclipse, IDE, GCC compilers
– Experience working on safety critical systems and to SIL protocols
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking to work as part of a small team in a fast growing and dynamic organisation who is a world leader in its field, then we would really like to hear from you. Looking for an interesting and challenging job that offers a lot of opportunity? Happy to throw yourself at new challenges and want to work in an organisation that believes in the pursuit of best practice? If this describes you, please apply.